Six Comparative Points
SIX COMPARATIVE CHECK POINTS
When purchasing new windows for your home, it’s important to consider these 6 points…
- Invest in a window that has earned the ENERGY STAR.
- Windows with a warm-edge spacer system reduce heat loss and condensation. Multi-chambered vinyl extrusions give added insulating protection and strength.
- A top-of-the-line block and tackle balance system will operate smoothly and never need adjustment or lubrication.
- Vinyl windows will never need painting.
- Look for windows that tilt in for easy cleaning.
- Windows with a sleek design allow for maximum glass area and have a less bulky appearance.
- Attractive, low profile hardware will draw attention to what’s outside rather than what’s on the window.
- Insist on true white vinyl – some vinyl windows may have an unattractive “blue-ish” tint.
- Choose a window made from 100% virgin vinyl with adequate wall thickness and multi-chamber construction.
- Heavy-duty hardware and components are a must to ensure a lifetime of performance.
- Look for ISO 9001 certification which ensures strict quality control for an outstanding window every time.
- Choose a company with a solid reputation and a history of standing behind its products.
- A warranty is only as good as the company behind it.
- Select a company that allows you to illustrate your individual style whether it be through colors, hardware, grid configurations or designer shapes.
- Aside from aesthetic options, it is important to have functionality options such as screens and glazing.